OptiFine Mod is combination of the Opti-fog Mod and the Opti-Mine mod. OptiFine HD FPS Boost brings together two very awesome performance mods for Minecraft. Users who have installed this mod have experience almost 3 times the FPS (Frames per second) and even the default graphical settings of Minecraft experience a smoother and cleaner upgrade.
OptiFine Mod adds a lot of options for better looks and performance. Doubling the FPS is common. Moves fog away, adds mipmaps, chunk loading control (mod CAF), Smooth FPS, brightness control, VSync and many other. This mod is amazing like Better Than Wolves or BuildCraft Mod
OptiFine Mod farview can extend your viewing distance up to a factor of 3, which is excellent if you need to grab a distant view of a particular object or landmark for whatever reason. You can tweak the night and day settings to allow infinite day or night. And of the coolest options by far is OptiFine clear water setting. This will allow you to see underwater for miles which is especially useful on some of the maps mods that feature really deep water.
OptiFine Mod Features:
- doubling the FPS is common
- decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay
Support for HD Textures
- HD textures and HD fonts (MCPatcher not needed)
- custom terrain and item textures
- animated terrain and item textures
- custom HD Font character widths
- custom colors
- custom block color palettes
- custom lighting
- unlimited texture size
Variable Render Distance
- from Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps
- sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance
Configurable Smooth Lighting (examples)
- from 1% – smooth lighting without shadows
- to 100% – smooth lighting with full shadows
Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay
Smart Advanced OpenGL
- more efficient, less artifacts
- Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible
- Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts
- Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF
- Fog start: Near, Far
- Visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details
- Mipmap level – OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max
- Mipmap type – Nearest, Linear
- Restores details in mipmapped textures
- AF level – OFF, 2, 4, 8, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Smooths jagged lines and sharp color transitions
- AA level – OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 (depends on hardware support)
Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain
Fixes transparent blocks textures to match surrounding snow terrain
Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater
Use random mob textures if available in the texture pack
Connects textures for glass, glass panes, sandstone and bookshelf blocks which are next to each other.
Removes the gridlike pattern created by repeating blocks of the same type. Uses rotated and flipped variants of the base block texture.
- Smooth FPS – stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers (examples)
- Smooth Input – fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities
Chunk Loading Control
- Load Far – loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching
- Preloaded Chunks – defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded
- Chunk Updates per Frame – allows for faster world loading
- Dynamic Updates – loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still
- Clouds – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Cloud Height – from 0% to 100%
- Trees – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Grass – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Water – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Rain and Snow – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Sky – ON, OFF
- Stars – ON, OFF
- Sun & Moon – ON, OFF
- Depth Fog – ON, OFF
- Weather – ON, OFF
- Swamp Colors – ON, OFF
- Smooth Biomes – ON, OFF
- Custom Fonts – ON, OFF
- Custom Colors – ON, OFF
- Show Capes – ON, OFF (supports HD capes)
- Water Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Lava Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Fire Animated – OFF, ON
- Portal Animated – OFF, ON
- Redstone Animated – OFF, ON
- Explosion Animated – OFF, ON
- Flame Animated – OFF, ON
- Smoke Animated – OFF, ON
- Void Particles – OFF, ON
- Water Particles – OFF, ON
- Rain Splash – OFF, ON
- Portal Particles – OFF, ON
- Dripping Water/Lava – OFF, ON
- Terrain Animated – OFF, ON
- Items Animated – OFF, ON
Fast Texturepack Switching
Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world
Configurable fullscreen resolution
- Fast Debug Info – removes lagometer from debug screen
- Debug Profiler – removes profiler from debug screen
Default, Day Only or Night Only – works in only in Creative mode
- Configurable Autosave interval
- A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death
OptiFine Mod Installation
- Download and start the Magic Launcher [for Mac]
- Click Setup, click Add, select the downloaded zip file
- Click OK, login and play Minecraft
- Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Windows, it’s in %APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin
- Create a backup of minecraft.jar
- Open minecraft.jar in an archive editor (WinRar/7-Zip/etc)
- Delete the META-INF folder.
- Copy (drag and drop) the .class files from the downloaded zip file into the jar file, replacing previous files.
- Run Minecraft and test!
- Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Mac, it’s in /Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin
- Create a backup of minecraft.jar
- rename minecraft.jar to minecraft.zip and double-click it to extract the contents
- rename the resulting folder to minecraft.jar and open it
- copy the .class files from the downloaded zip into the minecraft.jar folder, replacing previous files
- Run Minecraft and test!
OptiFine Mod Compatibility with other mods
When installing OptiFine Mod together with other mods always make sure to install OptiFine last. The only exception are mods which are designed to be installed after OptiFine and say so in their install instructions.
- If you need ModLoader: Install OptiFine AFTER ModLoader.
- If you need Forge: Install OptiFine AFTER Forge.
- MCPatcher is NOT needed for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass, they are included in OptiFine.
- Install OptiFine without MCPatcher HD features for best performance.
- If you absolutely want MCPatcher:: For HD Textures or RandomMobs install OptiFine without the “avf.class” (mipmaps and fog distance will not be active). For HD fonts install without the “aov.class”. For BetterGrass install without “avg.class” (a lot of features will not be active).
- If you need DynamicLights (ModLoader edition): Install OptiFine AFTER DynamicLights.
- Compatible with: ModLoader, Forge, SinglePlayerCommands, TooManyItems, PlasticCraft, CJB’s Modpack, Zan’s Minimap, Rei’s Minimap, DynamicLights, GLSL Shaders 2, LittleBlocks and many other.
- Not compatible with: CCTV, The Aether.
DOWNLOAD OPTIFINE MOD
OptiFine Mod for Minecraft 1.5.1
OptiFine Mod HD C3 Ultra for Minecraft 1.5.1
OptiFine Mod for Minecraft 1.5
Credits to Sp614x for makes and updates this awesome OptiFine Mod.