Minecraft Forge API or some many fans or minecraft called it MCForge API is an API providing extra modding capabilities. These capabilities have been added to provide support for the different mods using the Forge. As of today, the forge contains. The problem that often we face after we install some mod is a mod may not work, most of these problems is because the mod we install that requires Minecraft Forge API. As you know some mods required this MC Forge API for installations
Minecraft Forge API has update and also compatible with the latest minecraft. If you want to install Minecraft Forge API / compatibility layers, you only need to do this once for all mods requiring it. Not that certain mod my include Minecraft Forge in their code, in wich case you don’t have to install the Forge, but it’s no harm to add it on top of the exiting installation. Ready ?
Minecraft Forge API Features
- Infinite terrain and sprite indexes
- Support two-pass rendering
- Custom redstone connection direction
- Override block replacement/deletion
- Secondary properties for block (isNormal, isReplaceable, isAir, isBurning)
- Allow an item to have the first callback on a mouse click
- Custom explosion resistances by block and direction
- Custom filled buckets
- Custom armors
- Modification of list of mineable objects
- Advanced configuration files
Minecraft Forge API Changelogs
- Added new hooks for connection events
- Added Packet250CustomPayload handling and channel registration management
- Forge identifies itself to the server.
- Added a entity tracking system that uses Packet250.
- Implmented Sengir’s IPickupHandler.
- Added Item.onLeftClickEntity hook. Used to intercept and cancel the ‘attack’ action within items.
- Added a generic ‘Shear’ing system.
- BugFix: Reach length, Fix player interaction on SMP
- BugFix: Fixed line endings in install.sh
- BugFix: Give graceful disconnect message to non-Forge/ModLoaderMP clients. (No more ‘Unknown packet 230′)
- BugFix: Fixed a missed event where ITextureProvider would not be properly applied.
- BugFix: Implemented item.onBlockStartBreak call for creative single player.
- Changed: ISpecialArmor got a major rehaul. Added new calls to support better flexability in return values.
- Misc: Added mod_MinecraftForge for simpler logging of Forge version in crash reports
- Misc: Updated the repo scripts and setup a build automation system.
Installations Minecraft Forge API Steps are
- Download ModLoader
- Download Minecraft Forge API
- Then Open your minecraft.jar
- Then Drag the ModLoader files over
- Then Delete META INF
- Then Drag over forge files
Note: for Windows users, you just have to run install.cmd. If you’re on linux, you need to copy files and apply patch manually for now, let me know if you got any trouble there. A install.sh for linux users too is on the way, but in the meantime, let us know if you have any setup problems.
DOWNLOAD MINECRAFT FORGE API LINK BELOW
Minecraft Forge API – Client
Minecraft Forge API – Server
There are features of this Minecraft Forge API Mod that might be you could share with or you want to make complete list for tool features go ahead, especially for you guys whose already got experiences using this tool. Feel free to share and if you have any trick or tips about, don’t be hesitate to give comment below. Until next post guys, have fun with this Minecraft Forge API