Familiars Mod includes a little familiar for the player, so it’s not always so lonely in SSP. A Familiar is a kind of protector / companion that always follows the player. They are not tameable like dogs and do not occur in the wild. These can be equipped like items / armor, Dungeon Defenders has inspired the creator of this mod.
The creatures do not only fly someone behind they also have a passive/active skill (attack by mobs, heal the player etc). Some are not available from the beginning, you need to unlock them first (buy with XP or unlock achievements). This mod is an API too (tut comes soon), so anyone might make a complete MLP Familiar Pack or Pokemon or something.
Familiars Mod Installations
- Download Minecraft Forge (latest universal version, not the source!)
- Open minecraft.jar/minecraft_server.jar (e.g. with winrar)
- Extract forge into minecraft.jar/minecraft_server.jar
- DO DELETE meta-inf on minecraft.jar / DO NOT DELETE meta-inf on server.jar
- Start minecraft/server into menu and close
- Now there is a mods-folder generated after first start
- Put the downloaded Familiars Mod zip-file (the API and your choosen FamPack) into the mods-folder (don’t install the mods into minecraft.jar!)
- On client: start minecraft, go to main menu and then go to “mods”, if the mod is listed there, everything should work fine
Have fun and enjoy!
DOWNLOAD FAMILIARS MOD LINK BELOW
Download Familiars Mod 1.6.2
Download Familiars 1.5.1 Mod
Download Familiars 1.4.7 Mod
Credit to pitman-87 as developers and creator this Familiars Mod